This Pepperoni pizza recipe is just as good if not better than take-out pizza! What a great recipe to make at home from scratch, our pepperoni pizza can be adapted to accommodate any topping you like.
How to make pepperoni pizza
- 1 Tablespoon of Dried Yeast
- A Pinch of Salt140ml Warm Water
- 180g Strong Plain Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Dried Basil
- Pepperoni Slices
- 1 Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons of Tomato Puree
- Grated Cheddar or Mozzarella
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic sliced thinly
Pizza Base Mix
- Add the salt and yeast together in a jug with the water.
- Place flour in a bowl, make a well in the centre and add the water mixture along with the oil
- Use a wooden spoon to mix everything to create a wet dough.
- Put on floured surface and need for 5mins.
- Place in greased bowl and cover with tea towel. Leave at room temperature to rise for 30mins (should double in size).
- Round into pizza base and stab with fork several times.
- Spread tomato puree over the base.
- Add chopped tomatoes on top then add onion and garlic.
- Sprinkle over cheese and arrange Pepperoni.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle on basil.
- Place on oiled baking sheets.
- Add toppings as desired.
- Cook at 200° for 20mins.
Recipe from Good Food magazine