Super Healthy Pizza for kids – it even contains three of the five-a-days plus two servings of wholegrain per person. This recipe is low in saturated fat and salt too. Super healthy for kids, and parents too!
How to make Vegetable and Salsa Verde Scone Pizza (Revised for children):
- 250g self-raising wholemeal flour
- 75g oats
- 3 tbsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil
- 175ml skimmed milk
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 25g pack basil, roughly chopped
- 25g pack chives, roughly chopped
- 1 courgette, peeled into ribbons
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 200g spinach, wilted
- 125g Fresh Light Mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Mix the flour and oats together.
- Add 2 tbsp rapeseed oil and the milk to form a dough.
- Roll out to a 30cm circle and place on a non-stick baking tray.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Spread homemade tomato pizza sauce over the scone base.
- Whizz the herbs up with the remaining rapeseed oil in a small food processor.
- Mix the oil with the courgettes and red pepper. Add some black pepper.
- Arrange the vegetables on the pizza.
- Tear the Light Mozzarella into small pieces and arrange on top of the vegetables.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
Your children will have so much (messy) fun in the kitchen making these super healthy pizzas. Click here
to see what happen when six kids were let loose in a professional kitchen.