This Christmas pudding ice-cream is a great dessert for a warm weather Christmas lunch. It is full of plump juicy fruit, brandy and ice-cream with crunch from the walnuts. You can leave out the brandy and make mini puddings for the kids!
- 250g butter
- 1 kg mixed dried fruit
- 200g glace cherries
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 200g walnuts, chopped
- 4L good quality ice cream
- 1 bottle of Ice Magic (hard chocolate ice cream topping)
How to make Pudding Ice Cream
- Set aside 2 cherries to top the puddings with.
- In a large pot, melt the butter and add the brown sugar, fruit, cherries and milk. Bring to the boil and add the bicarbonate soda. Simmer for 5 minutes until the fruit is all puffed up. Stir in the brandy and walnuts.
- Stir through the ice cream while the mix is warm.
- Line two pudding bowls with cling wrap and pour the ice cream mix into both bowls. Cover with cling film and freeze for 12 hours.
- When ready to serve, pour over Ice Magic and add a glace cherry to the top.
Recipe from Kidspot Kitchen