Everybody loves trifle and it just screams Christmas to me. It's a special occasion dish that requires a bit of preparation but it's always worth it!
- 1pkt strawberry flavoured jelly
- 1 pkt lime jelly
- 6 cups milk
- 6 tbsp custard powder
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 600ml cream, whipped
- 1 punnet strawberries
- 1 tin (825g) sliced peaches
- 1 tin (425g) mango slices
- 1 swiss roll
- 1/2 cup or sherry or orange juice
How to make Christmas Trifle
- Prepare jelly as per packet instructions and refrigerate.
- Prepare custard as per instructions using the custard powder, sugar and milk. Refrigerate.
- Whip cream and refrigerate.
- When ready to assemble, drain the peaches and mango.
- Slice the swiss roll and lay in the bottom of the bowl. Sprinkle over the sherry or orange juice.
- Lay ingredients in the following order: Green jelly, half of the custard, peaches, red jelly, custard, mango and then cream.
- Smooth the cream out and decorate the top with the hulled and halved strawberries.
Recipe from Kidsspot Kitchen