In this modern twist on the traditional classic, the versatility of pre-cooked beetroot is used to perfection instead of the pickled onion. This is a quick and easy dish to prepare and put out for guests and can look beautiful in its simplicity.
- 1 pack of traditional or flavoured cooked beetroot depending on taste
- 1 or 2 large chunks of your favourite cheese – we used Gorwydd Caerphilly and Stichelton
- 1 crunchy Pink Lady apple
- A few sticks of celery, cucumber or radish depending on preference
- Your favourite bread & butter – we prefer a wholemeal or sourdough loaf with a good texture to stand up to the cheese and beetroot.
- A small pot of piccalilli or your own choice of chutney
How to make Festive Beetroot Cheeseboard with all the trimmings;
- Place all ingredients on one large board, platter or slate and let your guests help themselves
Serve with a light hoppy ale, lager, cider or apple juice.