A lighter alternative to traditional mince pies, these simple tarts combine melt in the mouth pastry filled with fresh apples and mincemeat to give a really fresh twist to a Christmas classic.
- 1 x 375 g pack ready rolled sweet shortcrust pastry
- 200g mincemeat
- 1 Pink Lady Apple, cored and finely diced
- 25g dried cranberries
- Icing sugar to dust
How to make Pink Lady Apple and Mincemeat Tarts:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F. Unroll the pastry onto a clean board. Using a 7 cm cutter stamp out 12 circles and use to line a bun tin. Put in the fridge for 30 minutes. Reserve the pastry trimmings.
- Meanwhile in a bowl mix together the mincemeat, diced apple and dried cranberries. Spoon a little of the apple mincemeat into each pastry case.
- Using the pastry trimmings stamp out 12 small star or heart shapes. Put a star or heart on the top of each mincemeat tart. Bake in the oven for 15- 20 minutes until lightly golden and cooked.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack and dust with icing sugar. Serve warm or cold.
Recipe from www.pinkladyapples.co.uk