An easy yet impressive starter to make for loved ones this Valentine's Day. The fresh salmon is “cooked” in the acidity of the lime and orange juice and is them complimented by the additional flavours of Pink Lady apple finely sliced, cucumber, chilli and coriander. Serve with flat bread crisped in the oven.
How to make Apple and Salmon Ceviche.
- 125g fresh skinless fillet of Scottish salmon
- juice of 1 limes
- juice of ½ orange
- ½ Pink Lady apple
- ¼ cucumber peeled in stripes
- 1 ½ spring onions finely chopped
- 1 green chilli deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5g coriander leaves only
- Slice the salmon fillet as thinly as possible and put in a dish.
- Pour over the lime and orange juice.
- Put in a cool place for 15 minutes while you prepare the rest.
- Cut the apple into quarters and remove the core.
- Cut each piece into 10 thin slices
- Pile a few together and cut into 3 angled pieces across.
- Put with the fish and very gently turn in the juice.
- Cut the cucumber in half and scoop out the seeds with a teaspoon.
- Cut the pieces in half again length ways and chopped into 5mm slices.
- Add to the fish and apple along with the chopped spring onions and chilli.
- Turn the mixture gently to coat in juice and leave for 5 minutes.
- Lift the mixture out of the dish onto a serving platter using a slotted spoon, so a lot of the juice is left behind.
- Spoon over the oil and scatter over the coriander leaves to serve.
Recipe Supplied from www.pinkladyapples.co.uk