Colourful and deliciously warming, this Valentine's Day salad has a beautiful balance of flavours across the potatoes, the salty Halloumi and the little bite of the radish and mustard. This dish is not only healthy, thanks to the vitamins, iron and potassium of the low-GI radish, but it also will look fantastic on any Valentine's Day supper table.
Adding a slice or two of ham turns this into a more substantial Valentine's Day dish that will satisfy those carnivores among your friends and family!
- 100g new potatoes, sliced
- 75g mixed radishes, cut in half
- 50g cherry tomatoes cut in half
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 100g Halloumi sliced
- A slice or two of ham per person
For the dressing:
How to make warm radish, potato and cherry tomato salad.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- Small bunch of dill chopped
- Salt and pepper.
- Place the new potatoes in a medium sized pan, cover with cold water, and lightly salt.
- Bring to the boil, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until cooked.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the olive oil and vinegar, then add the Dijon mustard and dill.
- Add the new potatoes, radishes and cherry tomatoes to the dressing, mix and season well.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized non-stick frying pan and cook the Halloumi on both sides for 1 minute until golden brown.
- Add the Halloumi to the salad and mix gently, then divide between 4 plates
- Serve immediately, with a slice or two of ham.
Recipe supplied from www.loveradish.co.uk