Crushed Roast Carrots with Cumin & Goat's Cheese is an ideal vegetarian recipe for all the family to enjoy.
- 1 bunch of carrots (about 750g)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin seeds (lightly toasted in a dry frying pan and then ground)
- 2 tbsp pine nuts (lightly toasted in a dry frying pan)
- 75g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp chopped mint (or oregano or marjoram)
- Good extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
How to Make Crushed Roast Carrots with Cumin & Goat's Cheese
- Scrub and trim the carrots, then cut them in half lengthways.
- Put them in a roasting tin and toss with the olive oil.
- Place in an oven preheated to 180°C / Gas Mark 4 and roast for about 50 minutes, until they are tender, slightly browned and have a caramelised appearance.
- Mash the roasted carrots roughly with a fork, a masher or your hands and mix with the ground cumin. Spread the mashed carrots on a plate and sprinkle with the pine nuts, goat’s cheese and herbs.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve with toasted pitta bread.
By Jane Baxter, Riverford Field Kitchen.
Taken from the Riverford Farm Cook Book.