Indian Spiced Radishes and Pumpkin recipe is great for Halloween.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 800g pumpkin or squash, cut into small chunks
- 3 tbsp nut oil
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 2 curry leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced or finely grated
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 20 radishes, sliced into thick rounds
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
How to make Indian Spiced Radishes and Pumpkin
- Boil the pumpkin in water for 8-10 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large frying pan heat the oil and add the chilli, turmeric, cumin, mustard seeds and curry leaves and cook for a minute or two until they are fragrant but not burnt. Add the garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté for a minute then add the radishes and finally the pumpkin.
- Season with a good pinch of salt and cook until the vegetables are tender but start to crisp on the outside.
- Stir through the chopped tomatoes and serve with chapattis.
Also great served with Dahl
Recipe provided by www.loveradish.co.uk