This beetroot salad recipe has a twist; it has a lovely creamy dressing made using organic natural yoghurt. The yoghurt is mixed with garlic and cumin, and with the mint and coriander / cilantro in the salad makes it a very Moroccan-style dish.
Beetroot is also one of the most versatile vegetable sin the kitchen (rhubarb is another) as it can be used across a whole range of dishes, from the simple cooked beetroot right through to stunning desserts and cakes.
- 750g cooked beetroot dipped in vinegar (not pickled), chopped into wedges
- 250g baby spinach leaves, washed & well drained
- Large bunch fresh mint, roughly chopped
- Large bunch coriander, roughly chopped
For the dressing
How to make Moroccan Beetroot Herb Salad with Yoghurt Dressing
- 250ml Organic Natural Yoghurt (either low fat or full fat)
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, roughly ground
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a large serving bowl, toss together the beetroot, spinach, mint & coriander, reserving a few of the herbs to garnish the salad.
- Make the dressing in a small bowl by mixing all the ingredients together.
- Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad just before serving and garnish with the remaining herbs.
Recipe from www.lovebeetroot.co.uk