Great vegetarian noodle recipe suitable from 18 months for your toddler to enjoy. Even fussy eaters will love this dish!
Prep time: 8 mins
Cooking time: 12 mins
Makes 4 portions
Not suitable for freezing
How to make Oodles of Noodles
- 120g Chinese egg noodles
- 100g sliced onions
- 50g carrots
- 50g leeks
- 150g red, yellow and orange peppers
- 75g baby courgettes
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 1/2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 50g beansprouts
- 1 1/2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the vegetables by cutting them into thin strips like ribbons - you can cut the carot and courgettes simply using a vegetable peeler.
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions.
- Heat the oil in the pan or a wok and stir-fry the onions, carrots and leeks for 5 minutes. Add the peppers, courgettes and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the bean sprouts and drained noodles.
- Pour over the teriyaki sauce. Season to taste and serve.
Variation - This is also wonderful with marinated chicken. To make the marinade, mix together in a bowl 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp mirin, 1 tsp sesame oil. Cut two chicken breasts into thin strips and add to the marinade. Stir well then leave to marinate for 20 minutes. Sauté the chicken until sealed and cook through (about 4-5 minutes). Add the cooked chicken at the point when you add the bean sprouts and drained noodles.
Recipe supplied by The Fussy Eaters Recipe Book