A refreshing pasta dish ready in minutes for you to enjoy with all of the family.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- 100g pine nuts
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 large bunch of basil, chopped
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100g Parmesan, grated
- Salt and pepper
- 150g asparagus, tough ends removed
- 200g broad beans, podded (approx. 400g un-podded)
- 400g Rotelline pasta
How to make Rotelline Pasta
- To make the pesto, smash the pine nuts, garlic and basil in a pestle and mortar, then add the oil and Parmesan, season with salt and pepper, and set aside. OR blend in a food processer.
- Cut the tips off the asparagus and slice the rest.
- In a medium sized pan of boiling salted water blanch the broad beans and asparagus for 2 minutes, then drain and refresh under cold running water. Squeeze the beans out of their shells and set aside with the asparagus.
- In a large pan of salted boiling water, cook the pasta to the packet’s instructions. At the last minute add the asparagus and broad beans, then drain and place in a large bowl.
- Mix in the pesto and divide between 4 warm bowls and serve.
This recipe was provided by www.tastesofsummer.co.uk