Vegetable and Ricotta Frittatas is ideal recipe for all the family to enjoy.
Makes 12 approx
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10-12 minutes
Storage: In the fridge for 48 hours or in the freezer for 8 weeks
- a splash of olive oil
- 1 aubergine
- 1 courgette
- 1 red pepper
- a handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- a handful of fresh herbs such as basil or parsley (opt)
- a heaped tsp of pesto
- 2-3 tbsp of ricotta
- 100gm of grated cheese
- 6 eggs
- 150ml milk
How to make Vegetable and Ricotta Frittatas
- Grease a muffin or cupcake tray with a little olive oil and pre-heat the oven to 190°C.
- Dice all the vegetables. Sautee them in a little olive oil until lightly browned and softened. Remove the pan from the heat. Stir through the pesto, grated cheese, ricotta and fresh herbs. Put a spoonful of mix into each hole.
- Beat the eggs and milk together. Pour equally over the cheesy vegetables.
- Put in the oven and cook until the frittatas are puffed, golden and set.
- Leave to cool slightly and remove from the muffin trays.
These can be eaten warm or cold.
Try making them with your children's favourite fillings. If your little ones aren't very good at eating their 'greens' try grating them instead. Grated courgette, carrot and cheese makes another delicious combo.
To please the adults try filling them with roasted peppers, feta and olives. Children may enjoy these too but be aware of the salt levels in preserved food.
Recipe provided by www.babybites.co.uk