A great start to the day for a busy mum when you just need to eat and run! These oatey breakfast bars are packed with complex carbohydrates, good quality proteins, and plenty of good fats such as omega 3 and great for your toddler too!
How to make Breakfast Bars
- 280 g porridge oats
- 3 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp goji berries
- 2 tbsp chopped dates
- 1 tbsp chopped figs
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (a good quality one without added salt or sugar)
- 1 tbsp honey
- Melt the honey, coconut oil, and peanut butter together in a pan.
- Stir in all other ingredients and mix well, until a sticky mixture is formed.
- Press the mixture into a greased baking tin (8 inches x 8 inches should suffice).
- Place at the top of a hot oven (200°C / gas 9) for 10 - 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool fully before cutting into bars.