With the weather forecast this weekend showing even more signs of rain, why not get baking with your little one in the kitchen? These muffins are a real tangy treat; light and fluffy with a fresh twist that will be loved by all the family. You can find even more delicious and nutritious recipes on the Small Steps website by clicking here.
- 140g of raspberries
- 250g of self-raising flour
- 140g of caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 a lemon
- 5ml spoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 85ml of sunflower oil
- 150g of low-fat lemon yoghurt
- 5ml spoon of vanilla extract
How to Make Raspberry & Zesty Lemon Muffins:
- Preheat the oven to 200ºc / Gas Mark 6. Put the muffin cases into the muffin tin. Wash raspberries & leave to drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar & bicarbonate of soda (dry ingredients).
- Beat the egg in a cup. Add the oil to a measuring jug & then add in the egg. Measure the yoghurt and add to the oil & egg mixture.
- Grate the peel from the lemon (zest) and squeeze the juice. Add to the measuring jug along with the vanilla extract.
- Pour the contents of the measuring jug into the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Gently fold in the raspberries and then spoon the mixture into the paper cases.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until risen and just golden.
- Cool on wire rack and serve.
Recipe from: www.healthytelford.nhs.uk